Nominated | Liebster Award

Monday, March 03, 2014

I'm sure a number of you have seen this award floating around the blogosphere, but if not I'll explain briefly what it is. The Liebster Award is passed on by bloggers to promote "beginners" like myself, bloggers with less than 200 followers. You have to mention the blogger who nominated you, answer their 11 questions, nominate 11 other bloggers and have a list of 11 questions for them.

I was nominated by Laura so go and check out her blog, she asked the following questions:

     1.  What's your favourite makeup item? (lipstick, eyeshadow, foundation, etc)
This is probably going to sound super odd but I have an obsession with collecting lipsticks - and I don't even wear them often. I just want all of the colours.

     2.  What has motivated you to start blogging?

So this is going back a few years so grab something to snack on if you feel like sticking around...
It was back in 2011 when I suggested to my friend we do a kind of co-blog of fashion and nails or something along those lines. I started it but we never really go enough time to get photos done and all that sort of thing so it ended up being a flop. I've had quite a few blog flops - I'm a total perfectionist so I would start a blog, do really well for the first few weeks or so and then forget about it or get side-tracked. And then when I came back a few months later I wasn't happy that I hadn't stuck with it so I would quit and start again. Other reasons were because I have a habit of screwing up my blog designs when trying to get it perfect, but I've finally settled on a simple, minimalistic design which I am able to maintain myself. So yeah, you could say I've had a different sort of experience blogging but I am now determined to stick with it. 

     3.  What place in the world would you love to visit?

I've had my fair share of travelling - being a part of an expat family since I was 14. However, I would love to travel Europe. I've been to Italy and Switzerland a couple of times, but only in the winter and I would love to visit in the summertime. I've actually got a few places on my bucket list if you would like to check that out.

     4.  What is your favourite movie?

This is such a common question but I never seem to be able to think of any recent favourites. I tend to like movie series even though the first one is generally the best. My go-to answer for this type of question is the Harry Potter series - is that so very typical? Can't help it, I literally grew up with it. The books, then the movies, Harry Potter has been around since I was 8 years old. 

     5.  If you had to stick with just one makeup brand, what would it be?

This is such an easy question for me because I'm a total MAC whore. Excuse the language - I've been using this brand since I first started wearing makeup. I know a lot of people find the foundations aren't for them but I've never had a problem with them. I have no problems with any of their products - its just a matter of finding what suits you I guess.

     6.  What's your favourite tv show?

At the moment I'm watching a few series, Arrow (he's a total manwhore but have you seen his abs?!), Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D and The Originals - I'm not really into the whole vampire phase at the moment buuuut I watched the first episode the other day and kind of got hooked.

     7.  Name one random fact about yourself.

I have a hard time talking about my feelings - you wouldn't believe how many times I would avoid talking about stuff like that with the boyfriend. (We're all good now, I mean, we'd have to be since we have a child)

     8.  What's your favourite nail polish colour?

This whole summer I've been loving Essie's Mint Candy Apple and D'Lilac.

     9.  What makeup item, that isn't available in your country, are you dying to have?

I would love to get my hands on a bunch of stuff from Sephora; Stila, Tarte, Hourglass, Becca, Laura Mercier, Smashbox. I even have a list, you know, for when I get the chance to go to a Sephora.

    10.  What's your favourite eyeshadow palette of the moment?

I would have to say my MAC eyeshadow palette that I've started myself. I've got staple colours that I always reach for when doing my eyes. They're just so pigmented and pretty. My favourites at the moment are All That Glitters and Sketch.

    11.  Whenever you lack the inspiration to write in your blog, what do you do to get yourself set and       
           start writing?

I am a total list person. So when I feel like I need a push to get things done, like my blog, I'll make a list of every step that I need to do and cross it off as I go. It makes me feel like I'm getting more things done by ticking off each step. 

My nominees:


Questions for my nominees:
  1. Where does your blog name come from?
  2. Why did you start blogging?
  3. If you could only take 3 beauty products with you on holiday, what would they be?
  4. Where are you from and where else would you consider living?
  5. What is one thing that you would like to accomplish by 2015?
  6. Are you a lipstick or eye makeup kind of girl?
  7. Favourite book series?
  8. What's your favourite blog to read?
  9. If you could go back in time, what would you change? (a decision, event, makeup look, clothes trend)
  10. What's the last thing that made you smile?
  11. Describe your blog in 3 words.

1 comment :